At 4:46 PM -0400 8/30/2009, Lawrence David Eden wrote:
>I am still trying to understand why I have so much trouble with FF
>3.5x.  It has trouble finding websites.  The issue occurs on 2 G4
>machines and a G5.

Exactly what Macs do you have, what speeds, what OS, etc.

Do you have any difficulties when browsing with Safari?

Have you tried clearing caches etc?

Is Firefox having problems resolving domain names?

Try turning off the fraudulent site checking in Firefox.

Try an optimized build of Firefox.
<http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk/index.html>

>My brother in law has a PC and FF 3.5x runs fine on his computer.
>My daughter has an Intel based laptop, and FF runs fine on that machine too.

Firefox 3.5.2 runs just fine on my G3 and G4 Macs.

The optimized builds run better, almost as fast as Safari 4.

>I wonder if 3.5 is really for Intel Macs and my PPC architecture is
>causing problems.

No.  You have some other problem going on.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.