On Apr 29, 2010, at 2:57 PM, Mark Sokolovsky wrote:

I know Apple decided to trust it's users, but the thing is, If they only provide one license when you buy a DVD (let's say it's OS X SL), why does it still allow you to install even though the "license" was only supposed to be used once?

--
 Sent from my Power mac G4 Sawtooth.

Because some people like my Dr will happily pay for what they get and buy five for the home and another five for the office. Gee they practically gave away Snow Leopard (not much there but darn cheap). Keep in mind when you register it the info goes in the data base as does all that iTunes stuff they say don't worry about. One day all this info gathering will pay off for Apple. I'm always careful to only use the name I originally had on any subsequent installs of any Mac software, and it's on a lot of my machines. I pity the PC owners who are carded on every turn and have to cough up to the Gates machine.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
From TiBook 800