To get full advantage of the Radeon under OS X you'd need to enable Quartz Extreme using PCI Extreme! 3.1 available at MacUpdate. You can ignore the warnings if you're using Tiger 10.4.11, it works fine. It was only under the "bad" OS X updates of 10.3.7 and 10.4.3-10.4.5 that it didn't work. It's fine under 10.4.11.

So far I plan to keep running OS 9.2.2, vintage machine with vintage OS :) Once I get G4 up and running, I will upgrade!

In OS 9.x I like PowerLogix CPU Director for all  brands of CPU upgrades.
The better choices of L2 enablers are:
SonnetCache
PowerLogix CPU Directer
XLR8 MachSpeed Control

Thanks a lot, Kris! You have solved one of my main doubts related to the G4 upgrade!

Gorka from Spain