But the low-profile SIMMs are for the VRAM, correct? The RAM modules
are standard PC-66 low-density ones, right?

Yesterday I was busy tinkering with the PM... installed some old apps
which I found in Macintosh Garden, and then started copying some old
floppies I have here (unfortunately, some of them have become
corrupted and are not read anymore :( ). And using it with my 22'' HP
flat screen is simply great (I tinkered with the dip switches on the
adapter until I found the perfect resolution - now the Mac thinks it
is attached to a 21'' Apple fixed-resolution display, and goes up to
1152xsomething.

I haven't noticed until last night that the PM was able to sleep - I
had it turned on, and went away for a while. When I came back the
power LED was flashing and it had turned off... great!

And I totally love the design of the case - these were the days when
Apple was genuinely concerned with the user-serviceability of their
machines, and made it really easy to work inside of it (even in a
desktop machine, which are always smaller!).

Thanks to you all, for all the replies!

MM