On May 13, 2010, at 3:08 PM, Stephen Conrad wrote:

This camera uses 3 AAA batteries and I have regular old alkaline cells in it .

You might want to check this to be sure which is right for your camera. I have several small Sony cameras that use AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries. I think if you use AAA alkaline cells in a camera meant to use NiMH you'll get into problems, they're different voltage, 2.2v for NiMH and 2.5v for alkaline. If you try to recharge an alkaline that could be bad too, they leak or worse under attempted recharge.