> On May 13, 2010, at 3:08 PM, Stephen Conrad wrote:
>
> > This camera uses 3 AAA batteries and I have regular old alkaline
> > cells in it .
>
> You might want to check this to be sure which is right for your
> camera. I have several small Sony cameras that use AAA NiMH
> rechargeable batteries. I think if you use AAA alkaline cells in a
> camera meant to use NiMH you'll get into problems, they're different
> voltage, 2.2v for NiMH and 2.5v for alkaline. If you try to recharge
> an alkaline that could be bad too, they leak or worse under attempted
> recharge.

Very true Kris.
I have two digital Kodaks that according to the manual need rechargeables that
are rated 2000mAh or better but I find I need to use 2200mAh or better to make
them work properly - they refuse to recognise any form of alkalines.
I ended up buyng a bunch of 2500mAh and they work like a charm.

Stewie