This is a great tip for your wire (nest) mess: Go to a auto parts store and
get some ignition wire looms that snap open and shut... Reorganise those wires
with the looms to keep them all separate from one another and the wires that
are way too long fold them up and use some twist ties or wire ties around them,
but do not fold up the display screen cord for this may cause a inductive
voltage problem and mess up the picture (this happens when guys with the hot
rods get engines and the computer and wire harness out of junk yards and the
wire harness is too long so they would roll up the wire harness and wire tie it
together, then the engine would run really bad and they wouldn't know why) with
all those wires running through it and all the different voltages cause it to
act like an ignition coil and increase the voltage... Some of you probably wont
know what I'm talking about here but for those of you who do know, "great"!!!
Just thought I would add this comment because I see so many people with this
mess behind their computer desk... Maybe this could be some of the mysteries
for some of the problems with computers messing up??? Sorry if this is off
topic, needed to be told...

>Well...apparently they're not dead after all. Thank goodness! Question
>though:  why would you get rid of the KVM? Would a different make/model
>of KVM switch be better somehow? (The one I have is an Iogear Miniview
>4-port.) Maybe next time I mess around in or near the Wire Nest I ought
>to shut down my Macs totally? Or do KVMs blow up computers?

Scars only tell us where we have been, they do not have to dictate where we are
going...