On 01/06/10 02:25 AM, Kris Tilford wrote:
On May 31, 2010, at 7:16 PM, larry moore & shirley allan wrote:

ID: 406, B&W G4/450 AGP with only the end slot of RAM populated.

This isn't a "B&W" (Blue & White), it's an "AGP Graphics" G4. This is a whole level better than a B&W because you can get an AGP video card that supports both Quartz Extreme & Core Image. I doubt I'll convince you to get a relatively expensive AGP card that supports Core Image, but a cheap Radeon card that supports Quartz Extreme should be a worthwhile investment. I'd think you should be able to get something suitable for $20 or less if you search around. It can take up to 2GB RAM (4x512MB PC100 or PC133 SDRAM). An AGP Graphics is about the lowest level of Mac that's suitable for OS X without having to spend a fortune upgrading. This is a nice Mac for Tiger 10.4.11, and could even run Leopard with a little cajoling.

Is the AGP plug next to the monitor HD-15? The board that seems to feed both plugs in
her machine was made by ATI Technologies in 1999.