Living in the sticks has its drawbacks of which one is the nearly absent availability of broadband

After sufferin' years with erratic dial up, Cricket, (USB Modem), started covering the area last November of 2009. Best signal strength was two and sometimes three bars. Service was pretty dependable up until April of this year. Then it started to go downhill finally failing completely a few days ago.

A call to tech support resulted in speaking with a Indian drone, "Martha" to no avail. Modem would not mount as a CD on the Powerbook G4 1.25MHz. After hanging up, decided to try it on the desktop, G4 400MHz Gigabit and yep, it mounted there. (As an aside, the modem contains the initialization/set up s/w. Only problem here is that the Gigabit only has USB I as opposed to USB II on the PowerBook.

So, am I on the right track thinking that somehow this modem was not "put away" properly on the Powerbook? If so, what steps might I take to recover it?

Frustrated grumpy minds wanna know...

TIA,

JT

(Who is almost resigned to go back to exclusive dial up)