On Jun 14, 2010, at 3:38 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

On Jun 14, 2010, at 8:29 AM, James Therrault wrote:

Yes, there is an update but every attempt to install it failed. Now that you mention snow leopard, I know why it won't.

No, the update isn't for "Snow Leopard" only. The installer is an .mpkg file, it contains three separate versions for Panther, Tiger & Leopard together-they call this Tiger+, and Snow Leopard. The installer senses which OS version you're using and installs only the correct software for your OS. If you can't get it to install correctly, this is a problem. Perhaps try Pacifist to install with, if you do it "manually" only get the "Tiger+" stuff, not the Panther or Snow Leopard.

The drones at Cricket today loaded the latest build but attempts to install here at home still fails.

After I get past the point where I have to enter my password, I get a (very) brief error message followed by a "try later" message. (Part of the installation process (I believe) requires modem interaction) thus the failure since it is not seen on the desktop as a CD.

JT