On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Dan Knight, LowEndMac.com wrote:

Friends,

I have two production machines here at Low End Mac headquarters - a
dual 1 GHz Mirror Drive Door with 2 GB of RAM and a Rage 128 Pro video
card running Tiger and a Digital Audio upgraded with 1.25 GB of RAM, a
dual 1.6 GHz CPU, and Radeon 9000 Pro graphics (swapped from the MDD)
running Leopard.

My thinking: Although the MDD has more RAM, the faster CPU and better
video card make the Digital Audio the better choice for Leopard. I
don't do anything that really taxes the graphics (no gaming), but I
recently picked up a 22" Apple Cinema Display for a song. It's an ADC
monitor, so I'm limited to Apple AGP video cards with ADC support.

I'm looking for suggestions for a better video card that's also very
affordable. This would also let me swap the Radeon 9000 back to the
MDD.

I have been running 9600's in my DAs. One with 64mb and 1 with 128mb of ram. Not as affordable as the 7500, but significantly faster. And if you have a lot of windows open or icons on the desktop, the speed is noticeable.

Len