I have a little san disk that plugs into an adapter that I use on my
usb to store data.  On my san disk there is a little white tab that
you can move up and down that write protects it.  I don't know the
specifics of your device, but it wouldn't surprise me that it didn't
have a "write protect" switch on it as well.