On Apr 25, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Bill Connelly wrote:

I believe the original poster is saying the fans won't stop when the machine is shutdown ... i.e. powered off.

Not Sleep Mode ... Not Booted Up ... Not in Screen Saver Mode ... but, Shut Down.

Weird.

I think you read his posting wrong. Here is what he wrote:

This computer works great, except for other than a power-off, BOTH the
fans (internal and power supply) will not shut down.

The key words are "other than power-off", which means both fans DO shutdown during power-off. These old G3's don't have variable fan speed, so his Mac is operating normally.