On Sep 20, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

Wow, my new/old late 2005 G5 Leopard machine's gonna have usb 3.0!! woohoo!

I don't think you'll see much benefit (over USB 2.0) unless you have an external SSD or a really fast RAID. Also, there are large differences in the performance of various brands of USB 3.0 host controllers. It's another USB mess if you ask me, and I hope Apple can avoid this mess. Think how much better the world would be if Firewire had been the standard rather than USB. We should be supporting Thunderbolt, which is hard considering the lack of Thunderbolt peripherals. USB has to be one of the worst standards of all time in my opinion.