On Nov 4, 2011, at 1:57 PM, David W. Morris wrote:

> .  For some reason, only one of the two 2.5GHz G5 CPU's is being shown as
> working in the "About this Mac" menu item.  When I swap the G5's from one
> side to the other, it is always the same side that is not working, so both of
> the G5 CPU's work and it must be a fault with the Motherboard, or G5 socket
> that is not working correctly.

I pretty much can tell you the logic board is bad, Look for white traces on the
board in the processor area under the clear plastic barrier, Windex may take
care of that. You got nothing to lose at this point:-) But you have a chance
since it boots I would remove the board and do a good cleaning,  The ASD should
tell you if the MOBO is dust,

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA