Il giorno 5-11-2011 5:54, David W. Morris ha scritto:

> When I asked you to check for corrosion and possible leaks, I should
> have told you that you must remove the heat sinks and liquid cooling
> system to check for leaks around the "O" rings of the heat sinks.  You
> cannot see it unless you remove the G5 CPU boards from the computer.

Wow, lot of work. :-|
When I did my check, I just removed the metal plate covering the CPUs/Heat
sinks (the one with "G5" on it). If there was any significant leak, there
should have been at least some trace on the "floor" plate below the CPUs
(and there wasn't any).

OTOH, taking from what John Carmonne said, if my G5 hasn't leaked anything
yet, is probably the one having the (better) Panasonic LCS.

Il giorno 5-11-2011 0:39, JohnCarmonne ha scritto:

> Apple had two different LCS's in the G5 PM 2.7 the Delphi (single pump) it was
> pretty sure to leak and need to be rebuilt the other LCS was made by Panasonic
> (two pumps) that AFAIK never has leaked yet.
John, is there any easy way to tell which LCS I have on my G5?
I don't know anything about pumps :-) but I think there should be some
sticker or sign telling the manufacturer, somewhere...

Or, maybe, you can infere it from Serial number?