I transfered Tiger from my Quicksilver to my G5 with no problems. Been running it for about 8 months now...

On Nov 4, 2011, at 10:34 AM, Len Gerstel wrote:

Everything I have read is that 10.X installs are monolithic. ie: they include everything needed for any machine that will run the OS.

I know G5s can run 10.5, but we still have classic apps that we run and I have not been able to get SheepShaver working. Remote desktopping into a G4 will be a later project.

It is a Dual 2.0 G5. I believe it is the 2004 dual 2.0 with pci-x slots. (at the price and speed bump from a DA dual 533 and a Sawtooth 400, I am not being picky on which dual 2.0). My plan is to install the HD for the G5 into my DA (with a SATA card) and just clone my DA HD onto it. Yes, I know a fresh install is best, but I don't have the time or organization to do that here.

Any flaws?

Thanks,
Len

--
You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml