On 2011/12/04 22:37, Kris Tilford so eloquently wrote:
On Dec 4, 2011, at 11:09 PM, John Ruschmeyer wrote:

According to the file, the Zip actually contains a copy of the last
PPC-compatible version which has then been hacked to report a later version
number as required for the Facebook test.

I think the assumption here is that while sites may look for a later version,
they really only use features from the older version.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't care what version it is, as long as it
works. I hope whomever was able to change the version # can continue to issue
such
hacked versions in the future so we won't have to deal with dreaded error
messages
"Upgrade your Flash Player" when there are no updates available, and flash
videos
refuse to play.

If only said person could fix the security holes while they're at it..

Tina

--

Acceleron: HP Presario 2.8GHz Celeron D 2GB RAM Discrete graphics XP Pro
Luxo Jr: iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11