Hello all,

I agree with Bruce that we're using machines that are 'principally'
outdated. Even if they do 99% of the tasks you ask them do just like a
newer machine (albeit slower).

I think mainly G5 owners have this problem, since most G5's
(especially dual or dualcore) have loads of processing power and are
still capable of surfing the web of 2011/2012. I think it's a shame
that these machines are being made obsolete not by time (they would
otherwise age like any other machine), but by their practical limits
(Flash being a major factor if you ask me).

Although, if you read the statistics hat Bruce posted, Apple has to
move on -sometime-. Regardless of the cutoff point they'd have chosen
(beit G4, G5 or first generation Intel), some users are going to
suffer from it. Might as well make the group as small as possible..

Eelco.

PS: I used a G4 iMac to post this. ;)