On Dec 12, 2011, at 2:14 PM, Andy wrote:

> On 12 Dec 2011, at 21:03PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>
>> I find myself in need of completely disassembling an old Apple puck mouse
>
> If you remove the coloured plastic (fingernail work) it should, fairly easily
> pop off. This reveals 2 philips screws. That’s more or less it.
> I don’t know of any pictures I’m afraid but it isn’t really tricky.

About two minutes after I sent it, I found this:
<http://www.applefritter.com/node/1881>, which is precisely what you said, and
right under those were some screws holding the whole thing together.

> What are you going to do with it? Make it optical? LEDs? Turn it into an FM
> radio?

Our office has a Ace Hardware wireless doorbell, as it's normally locked, and
you can't hear someone knocking very well either in our desk areas or back in
the server room. The cheap switch wore out, so I'm transplanting the
transmitter guts into the body of the mouse, using the mouse clicker switch to
replace the broken one, and mounting it on the door.

I'll post pics if it works out...

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona