Michael McMurtrey wrote:
I came home from a trip, turned on my computer, and found that I am now blocked from certain favorite web sites. I am taken to a page at "www.blocked-website.com <http://www.blocked-website.com>" which tells me, for example, "Sorry, but (site) is blocked on this network. This site was categorized in (category). Contact your network administrator." Underneath this message it says "Powered by OpenDNS."

OpenDNS appears to be legitimate, offering parental controls, but there are no children in this household, and I do not use their services. There are only two computers in the house, my Mac and my wife's PC, both connected to the Internet via a router. Neither have parental controls activated.

I contacted my provider, Verizon, and they maintain that nothing has changed with them and that the problem is in my computer. Computer is a dual 1.25 GHz MDD PowerPC G4 running OSX 10.5.8. Browser is Safari 5.0.6.

What goes on here?

Michael McMurtrey
Carrollton, TX

You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml

just a note on this -
times it has happened that some other one has spammed the the "network lines" --try to shut down you internet connection or rest the modem and your problem has gone away.
joho
AthensGr.

to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.