At 4:11 PM -0700 04/28/2013, Bruce Johnson wrote:
I'm at a loss as to how this would lead you to OpenDNS blocking the site (as it should, if you're using OpenDNS as your DNS provider), though, as the whole point of DNS hijacking is to lead you away from valid DNS services like OpenDNS.

Yea.

Doesn't OpenDNS offer a blocking service? In addition to their normal open DNS, I think they have a baby goat-safe DNS, plus a tier where you can set your own blocks. That sounds more like what's happened to the OP.

The OP does not provide much in the way of specifics.

Did he use OpenDNS by setting in either his router or his client computer(s)? (this was very common a few years ago, before Verizon got their act together and fikked their DNS set-ups).

Which Verizon service? If it's FiOS then they provide a higher-end router that can sniff/block/redirect URLs. So then who's got the admin password? OP doesn't name the site being blocked, so perhaps he's been blocked intentionally?

Does he have one of those annoying malware, er a antivirus, packages installed, that can cork him if he even thinks of visiting a funky site? (My housemate has this problem few months, on his peecee. His credit cards get soooo lonely for the day or two he's corked!).

Exactly what web sites and browser extensions are involved?  etc.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.

to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.