On Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:37:36 PM UTC-4, Sky King wrote:
> I came home from a trip, turned on my computer, and found that I am now
> blocked from certain favorite web sites. I am taken to a page at
> "www.blocked-website.com" which tells me, for example, "Sorry, but (site) is
> blocked on this network. This site was categorized in (category). Contact
> your network administrator." Underneath this message it says "Powered by
> OpenDNS."
>

> OpenDNS appears to be legitimate, offering parental controls, but there are
> no children in this household, and I do not use their services. There are
> only two computers in the house, my Mac and my wife's PC, both connected to
> the Internet via a router. Neither have parental controls activated.
>

> I contacted my provider, Verizon, and they maintain that nothing has changed
> with them and that the problem is in my computer.
>

> Computer is a dual 1.25 GHz MDD PowerPC G4 running OSX 10.5.8. Browser is
> Safari 5.0.6.
>

> What goes on here?
>

> Michael McMurtrey
> Carrollton, TX

This also happened to me  on my iPad Air with iOS 7.  And I couldn't access my
Facebook page via the browser and I remembered this started happening the
second I  allowed the scrabble Facebook game access to my profile. So luckily I
had the Facebook app and was able to access just enough of my account to delete
the scrabble game from my security settings. Which thankfully gave me access to
my account via browser once more. Needless to say be very careful what you
allow to access your accounts on the internet as there are those site out there
that will  shut you down to gain access of your information.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.