Op vrijdag 23 februari 2018 16:28:25 UTC+1 schreef Diane:

> I have a 2003 G4 1.42DP (FW800)
>
> With the exception of a couple of hard drive replacements and a power
> supply back in 2011, it's been bomb proof.
>
> The other day though, it started to shutdown on boot (it had been running
> for weeks prior to this). I googled and found many references to this but
> mostly with a display with a proximity sensor, which I do not have.
>
> I pulled it out of it's cubby and will clean it out, but I'd also like to
> replace the battery while it's open.
>
> What's the best place to buy them these days? I used to get them at Radio
> Shack but they are no longer around.
>
> Worse case I have a couple of older machines that I suppose I can fire up
> and put my drive in to get my data off, but ideally I'd like to get this
> going again.
>
> Any thoughts? It just spins on the grey screen for a couple of minutes and
> then shuts down. I usually screen share into it so I'm not sure if it was
> doing something else prior. It did sound like it booted fully the fist
> time. Earlier this week I had it up and running for awhile but it wasn't
> connected to the network so that's when I shut it down and this happened.
>

> Thanks
>
> Diane

Hi Diane,

Changing the battery won't help. I have the same machine like yours, only
it's a FW 400 model, the last one that can boot into OS9. I've been running
my MDD DP for over a year now with an empty battery without problems, the
only "problem" is that after booting up I get the message that my clock is
set to a past date but as I'm connected to the net my clock shows the right
time and date.

Just saying. Good luck with your sick MDD.

Best regards, Jörg.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.