> On Feb 25, 2018, at 1:39 PM, diane <dianed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ps - I have a new battery on order as well
>
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 3:32 PM, diane <dianed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions! I am stuck on a couple of things as I can't
> get the BT mouse to work with it at the moment and won't have a USB mouse
> until tonight.
>
> I was able to boot it off my external Panther drive. If I could navigate more
> items via keyboard I'd be better off. It's indexing at the moment.
>
> I took a video of the boot process. It's a little fuzzy but these are the
> things that stand out to me:
>
> CLOCK RESET! PMU WAS PROBABLY RESET SOMEHOW!!

This means the internal clock is set to the wrong date/time; and is just
informational

> disk2s3, major 14, minor 23
> disk2s3: I/O error
> disk2s3: I/O error
> syncing disks... Killing all processes
> continuing
> done
> CPU halted
> AFT_ATA_Sii3112:FT_handleBusReset - ATA bus reset was called, overriding it

This might mean an issue with the internal ATA controller, or it might be a bad
disk.

> Then I get screens of :
>
> USBF: 77.563 OHCI driver: OHCIRootHubPortPower bit not sticking (0). Retrying
> (the .563 number differs on each line)
>
> One line says this (then more of the above and it shuts down)
>
> USBF: 87.612 AppleUSBHubPort: Port 1 of Hub at 0x3b100000 about to terminate
> a busy device (Macally iKey)

Hmmm, this might be the root of your problems; I’ve had similarly strange
behavior from flaky USB devices. Is the keyboard pligged into the 4-port card
or a mb one? try switching it to the other, and see if the error follows it?

> When I boot off the external FW drive, the USB keyboard is working fine.
> I do have a 4-port USB card in the machine if that seems to be the problem
> BUT it is working on the Panther drive.

What does Disk Utility on the Panther drive say about the internal drive?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

---