On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 23:00:59 +0100 Yann Leboulanger wrote:

> On 12/08/2016 06:31 PM, Andrey Gursky wrote:
> > Hi Yann,

> >> I don't want ppl to think it's still maintained. So I prefer completly
> >> hide it.
> >
> > OK, in this case the repositories could be renamed.
>

> hg repos is completly useless now. Once again, if you find something
> strange we have the old trac and old repos available somewhere and we
> can check against it. If you want to do some checks against it, I'll
> tell you the URL if you want, but no need to have it public.

Yes, please. I will not change anything but I guess I'd need to
register in it.

> >> Hard to make it read only. And why make it read only? (nearly) all is
> >> supposed to be on gitlab
> >
> > Just in case there is something seems to be wrong and only look into
> > the original can clarify the situation.
>
> same answer than above.

> >> I didn't create an account for all 2500 contributors that filles a
> >> ticket. So yes we loose who created some tickets.
> >
> > This is very unfortunately. But why are there so many accounts? I
> > believe it is due to the fact Gajim trac maintainers (were there many
> > or only you?) forced every user, wanting just to report an issue with
> > Gajim instead to take time to create an account, verify email, login.
> > Now I'm kindly ask you to be consequent and please continue to maintain
> > people contribution credits. It doesn't mean you would have to create
> > all these accounts. The only thing has to be done, is to prepend every
> > "anonymous" post with a corresponding original account name and email
> > (spam protected). This is very important, to encourage people to post
> > feedback to make Gajim better and get credited instead of showing,
> > that all they are just nobody anonymous (so why should they bother with
> > creating new accounts on gitlab and wasting time with filing bug reports?).
> >
> > Theoretically, if the password hashing mechanism of trac and gitlab
> > were identical, I think accounts with old credentials could be created
> > and used without noticing any difference. How passwords are stored on
> > the old trac and new gitlab?
>
> I don't want to send a mail saying "you have been active in Gajim trac
> so we created you an account in gitlab" to a ppl that reported a bug 10
> years agao and don't even remember what Gajim is. Si no I Created
> accounts for ppl that reported at least 10 bugs. The others are gone
> under anonymous.
> And no the trac to mercurial is not so simple:
> 1/ It's not the same hash
> 2/ it was possible to register a trac account without a mail, it's not
> in gitlab

Sure, to send people emails is not what I've asked. So I'm proposing a
workaround that is already adopted by other projects migrated from one
issue server to another. For example just make a quick look into:
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/123
Instead of "anonymous" they used "gopherbot" and it looks like:

gopherbot commented on Nov 14, 2009
  "Comment 6 by Yuriy.Shirokov:"
  [original message as citation]

I'm thinking about a following simple algorithm to prepend the messages
of all anonymous with their old account name and spam protected e-mail
address:

for issue in trac.issues():
    for message in issue.messages():
        if message.account_id not in gitlab.accounts()
            issue_num = issue.number()
            msg_num = message.number()
            trac_account = trac.accounts(message.account_id)
            author_name = trac_account.name
            author_email = trac_account.email
            gitlab_msg = gitlab.issues(issue_num).messages(msg_num)
            text = gitlab_msg.body()
            if (author_email):
                text = author_name +
                       " (" + spam_protect(author_email) + "):\n" +
                       text
            else:
                text = author_name + " :\n" + text
            gitlab_msg.body(text)

Maybe something like this is already implemented somewhere:
eric.van-der-vlist.com/blog/2013/11/06/from-trac-to-gitlab/
https://github.com/neuhalje/hack-copy-track-issues-to-gitlab
https://github.com/moimael/trac-to-gitlab

I'm wondering how big the trac and gitlab databases are, so that I
could download them to debug this algo.

> >> it's is now.
> >
> > Thanks. (Though issues pages are returning 500 now.)
>
> gitlab project is now fully functional.

In meanwhile I've spotted more issues with missing hyperlinks for
changset and issue number:

        GUI option is in [da7b6a0...
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/1751#note_174326

        (In [b8909ee93957]) start listening
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/7175#note_169988

        In [changeset:"...
                           see #7548
                           Fixes #8258
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/7548#note_171459
                           Fixes #7548
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/7548#note_171460
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/7548#note_171461
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/7548#note_171462

        ... Maybe that was your problem: [efa00b63103e]
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/7824#note_171908

        Fixed in Changeset [gajimplugins:870b7f3c...
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8161#note_152348

        In [changeset:"e2baee0d3..." 15859:e2baee0d3132]:
                             see #8193
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8193#note_172693

        In [changeset:"...
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8205#note_172721
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8205#note_172722

        Forwarded to [gp:ticket:125]
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8264#note_172843

        In [changeset:"...
                          Fixes #8390
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8390#note_173155
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/8390#note_173157

I fear, there are more of these.

Missing auto-line break in the citation:
    Any entity that will act as a SASL client or a SASL server MUST...
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/python-nbxmpp/issues/20

> Fixed.
>

>  And in the commit
>
> No. He provided a patch, but I committed it. I don't change commit authors.
>
>  But despite of the
> >>
> >> Maybe. Gitlab is currently very broken, so  I can't look at it. I'll do
> >> later.
> >
> > Good, that this is not yet considered as final status.
>
> Yes, the commit message was wrongly written, so not closed
> automatically. Thanks for catching that. Ticket now closed.

> >> it is enabled. Create an accoun, import ssh  key and use git://
> >
> > Almost all well known git servers, like kernel.org, repo.or.cz,
> > gnome.org, github.com,.. allow anonymous git:// access. Why should it
> > be so complicated with gitlab?
>

> git:// is a ssh access. So without an account, hard to upload your
> public ssh key.
> https:// access is public. Just clone https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim.git

Strange, that only gitlab (and perhaps bitbucket) adopt this
restriction for git:// kind of access.

Regards,
Andrey