On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 23:06:44 +0100 Yann Leboulanger wrote:

> On 12/15/2016 05:39 PM, Andrey Gursky wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 23:00:59 +0100 Yann Leboulanger wrote:
>
> >> I don't want to send a mail saying "you have been active in Gajim trac
> >> so we created you an account in gitlab" to a ppl that reported a bug 10
> >> years agao and don't even remember what Gajim is. Si no I Created
> >> accounts for ppl that reported at least 10 bugs. The others are gone
> >> under anonymous.
> >> And no the trac to mercurial is not so simple:
> >> 1/ It's not the same hash
> >> 2/ it was possible to register a trac account without a mail, it's not
> >> in gitlab
> >
> > Sure, to send people emails is not what I've asked. So I'm proposing a
> > workaround that is already adopted by other projects migrated from one
> > issue server to another. For example just make a quick look into:
> > https://github.com/golang/go/issues/123
> > Instead of "anonymous" they used "gopherbot" and it looks like:
> >
> > gopherbot commented on Nov 14, 2009
> >   "Comment 6 by Yuriy.Shirokov:"
> >   [original message as citation]
>
> Yes something like that could be done. note easy now that conversion is
> already done, but still doable. But I don't like the idea to make email
> public, even if it's anti-spammed .... It was not public on trac, so it
> should not be here too

If it wasn't then it shouldn't be also on gitlab, agreed. Was it
visible for registered trac users? I don't see any workaround for now,
to enable visibility only for gitlab registered users. It seems gitlab
must be improved to support this.

Regarding raw databases, of course, I don't need hashed passwords
either, they can be stripped out. Only the data, I mentioned in
the pseudocode.

> >> gitlab project is now fully functional.
> >
> > In meanwhile I've spotted more issues with missing hyperlinks for
> > changset and issue number:
> > [...]
> >
> > I fear, there are more of these.
>
> I just fixed 4200 comments which contained [commit_id] or similar.

Thanks!
There is a not needed "[" remained:
In [changeset 13168662:

And the citations of the commit message (with bug number) are looking
still different compared to working ones:
https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/issues/7548#note_171459

> > Missing auto-line break in the citation:
> >     Any entity that will act as a SASL client or a SASL server MUST...
> > https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/python-nbxmpp/issues/20
>
> fixed

Regards,
Andrey