Hi Dannon,
workflow
I am finally getting around to the workflow api.  I am having trouble
with a couple things.  First, I am trying to get the
workflow_execute.py functioning for a workflow that I have here.  I
think I have everything down but how to define the dataset.
Basically, I am trying to reverse engineer the long dataset, workflow
and history ids, and I have been doing so by grabbing their respective
urls and pulling out the ids.  But the workflow execute hash is
encoded like this for the script as far as I can tell:

<hid>=<???>=<hashed dataset id>

But I am kinda stuck at what these guys actually mean.

Which brings me to my general question.  While I appear to be close in
selecting the correct history and workflow ids, it only works right
now as a proof of concept since I would need to sort of generate these
on my own for a user to run a workflow via the galaxy interface.  It
seems you are hashing these history, workflow and dataset ids, but I
am not really sure what you are using to hash them.  Looks like not a
SHA1 sum.  Given only access to the galaxy database, I would like to
execute a workflow, so I would need to be able to generate the hashed
values to throw at the api.  Does that make sense?

Finally, can I generate an api key programatically as well?  Not the
end of the world, but it would be nice.

Thanks much for your help,

Darren