Hi again Leandro

Well I might not have been really clear, perhaps I should have re-read the mail before posting it :)

The thing is, it was not an issue of Torque starting jobs when there were not enough resources available, but rather it believing the needed resources for each job being fewer that they were (e.g. always assuming the jobs were single-threaded even if the actual tools needed more tan one core). if Torque is properly notified of the needed resources, it will dispatch them or make them wait accordingly (since it knows the nodes' limits and load), like your LSF does.

This hack is not very sexy but it just notifies Torque of the cores needed by every multithreaded tool, so it doesn't run a multithreaded job when there's only one core available in the chosen node.

Hope that helps :)

Regards,
L-A