> Is there a way to directly move/copy data from your galaxy history to a
> given location in the filesystem of the same galaxy server?
> Said differently, there is a nice way to import data from the server to
> galaxy, is it possible to do the reverse?
>
> So far, I am obliged to download the file from galaxy to my client machine
> and then back to the server!!!! with huge bam files of 3Gb it is not so
> convenient!!

OK,  I found a better way by
(a) go to the admin panel, push the 'add a new dataset in the library'
button and selecting the one needed from the current history
(b) move the selected dataset from the library to a location mounted to
galaxy.

that is ok for me.
However, if someone has a better solution, any advices are fine for me

thnks
colin