From: James Taylor [mailto:ja...@jamestaylor.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:18 PM
To: Chorny, Ilya
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Upload File Button

Excerpts from Chorny, Ilya's message of 2011-10-20 00:08:11 +0000:

> I want to upload an experiment specific file from the workflow and bypass

Galaxy doesn't really support this mode of operation. Data upload and
tool/workflow execution are separated so that all data used by tools is
captured within immutable datasets to ensure reproducibility.

You could implement this, but unless you still create a dataset for the
uploaded file, I think it would break other things (like re-running tools).
--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology / Computer Science, Emory University