Hi all,

My colleague tried to upload via filesystem path a file with an approximate
size of 2GB. It was a compressed file (filename.fq.gz). No error was
reported, so I thought everything went fine, but when he tried running a
tool, the uploaded file did not show in the input dropdown. But when he
tried again, this time using an uncompressed file, every thing worked well.
Now to my question: by default, can Galaxy accept and use compressed files?
Or do I have to change something in its configuration just to do so?

Thanks for the help!

CL