Hi Clare,

I ran into the same problem as well when I upgraded my galaxy-central
version. I am running Mac Os10.6.8

What I did to get use the command *$ pip install fabric*

It manually fetches the latest version of fabric from pip (
http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/index.html) which is a package
manager from python, also its dependencies:* ssh* and *pycrypto,* which are
the components causing the problem. I think it might be due to
an erroneous version of the egg hosted on galaxy.

Works fine after that for me.

Cheers
Tomithy