Hi Nate,

The datafile is really empty on the disk (size 0, checked at the "full path" etnry from the dataset info).

Best regards,

Geert Vandeweyer

On 08/29/2012 06:05 PM, Nate Coraor wrote:
On Jul 16, 2012, at 6:14 AM, Geert Vandeweyer wrote:

Hi,

We have set up a local instance of galaxy-dist, using pbs-python to communicate
with our HPC. Everything is working great, except for the upload functionality.

When I assign the upload1 to local:/// , uploading of small files through the
web-site works, and upload of large files by ftp works as well. When I let
upload1 to be handled by the default_cluster_job_runner ( = pbs:///), I get
empty data sets. Galaxy does not report any errors however and the data state
is ok.

Has anybody seen this issue and solved it? Using the local:/// job handler
causes a massive performance hit on the galaxy process.

Best regards,

Geert Vandeweyer
Hi Geert,

Sorry for the delayed response.  If you're still having this issue, if you view
the empty dataset, can you see the data it's supposed to contain?  i.e. does
the underlying output file for the upload tool actually contain the data, or is
it really empty on disk?

--nate

Geert Vandeweyer, Ph.D.
Department of Medical Genetics