Not exactly what you asked for but it would allow you to build tools to
solve this problem and I never pass up an opportunity to sell my pull
requests:

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/pull-request/76/multi-input-data-tool-parameter-fixes
This would allow one to put a multiple="true" on input data parameters.
Then a multi-selection widget is rendered instead of a drop down list. We
have addressed rerunning tools, interaction with the workflow editor,
workflow imports and exports, etc....

-John

John Chilton
Senior Software Developer
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
Office: 612-625-0917
Cell: 612-226-9223
Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/jmchilton
Github: https://github.com/jmchilton