On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Shaun Webb <swe...@staffmail.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have just installed the Blast+ tools from the Galaxy tool shed and tried
> to make a Blast DB from a fasta file in history. The tool runs ok and
> indicates that a blastdb has been created in:
>
> /storage/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/database/files/085/dataset_85192_files/blastdb

There should be a collection of files named blastdb.* in the folder
/storage/home/galaxy/production/galaxy-dist/database/files/085/dataset_85192_files/

> However there is no directory dataset_85192_files. I have blast installed
> and I'm able to run makeblastdb on the command line.
>
> Do I have to make any other modifications before I can use Blast tools?

I'm unsure what could be wrong. Do the other BLAST+ tools seem to
work (e.g. blastp)? Are all the BLAST tools configured the same way
in terms of universe_wsgi.ini and their job runners - or do you have
some running on the cluster and some on the head node?

My guess is something about the mounted storage, but then I
would have expected problems with other tools as well.