On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Shaun Webb <swe...@staffmail.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Peter
>
> The other tools work fine. I noticed that the makeblastdb process was still
> running on the server even after Galaxy said the job was complete, but still
> no files appeared in this directory. I have killed that process for now and
> will play around with it and see if I can figure it out. I'll let you kno if
> I find something.
>
> Shaun

OK... this could be a Galaxy issue rather than a tool issue. A few more
details might help. For example, we run our Galaxy on a server which
(currently) contains the storage on that server (on a DAS), and this
is exported to our cluster. I therefore run IO-heavy CPU-light jobs on
the Galaxy server itself (e.g. makeblastdb) whereas all the BLAST
search jobs are on the cluster. The point about this is heavy-IO over
a network storage device introduces more points for failure. In this
case perhaps there is a time lag before the Galaxy server can see
the new files makeblastdb wrote?

Is there anything that might help in the Galaxy paster.log file?