On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2013, at 11:23 AM, Peter Cock wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got an hg puzzle, can anyone on the Galaxy team explain the
>> cause of this and what action I can take to avoid it?
>>
>> Starting with a clean checkout,
>>
>> $ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central
>> warning: bitbucket.org certificate with fingerprint
>> 24:9c:45:8b:9c:aa:ba:55:4e:01:6d:58:ff:e4:28:7d:2a:14:ae:3b not
>> verified (check hostfingerprints or web.cacerts config setting)
>> destination directory: galaxy-central
>> requesting all changes
>> adding changesets
>> adding manifests
>> adding file changes
>> added 8886 changesets with 33822 changes to 6914 files (+1 heads)
>> updating to branch default
>> 4019 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
>>
>> $ cd galaxy-central
>>
>> $ hg branch
>> default
>>
>> $ hg branches
>> default                     8885:9852dd712f5c
>> stable                      8880:8da37d3985ab
>>
>> $ hg checkout stable
>> abort: path 'static/june_2007_style/Makefile' traverses symbolic link
>> 'static/june_2007_style'
>>
>> I was actually trying to checkout one of my own branches, having
>> setup the .hg/hgrc to include a link to my own fork on bitbucket.
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> This is due to the annoying way in which Mercurial handles symlinks.  We're
> going to graft the changesets that caused this up to stable shortly, but in
> the
> meantime, you can do:
>
> % rm static/june_2007_style
> % hg update stable --clean
>
> This would remove any uncommitted local changes, if you had any, so it's
> not safe for all scenarios.  But it's fine here since you're working on a
> fresh
> clone with no changes.

Cheers Nate, that trick seems to work.

I'm guessing this recent commit (11 days ago) is part of the issue:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/commits/506484344db3a370f8ae24096041d38557d1967e

I hope this won't require any 'grafting' for those of us working from the
default branch? Will I be safe merging the 'default' into my own branch,
or should I wait while you guys sort out whatever you need to do first?