On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM, John Chilton <chil...@msi.umn.edu> wrote:
> I agree that we shouldn't be hasty, but my two cents is that the
> galaxy-dev list should be split in two. Ironically, I think most of
> the traffic on this list right now is related to deployment issues -
> in that respect I would see it almost as Galaxy admins stay here and
> developer chatter move to a new list. (This could hopefully be
> accomplished with e-mail aliases or something).

I think it would be simpler to define the new list and encourage
people only interested in deployment to move to the new list,
but I'm not looking after mailman here ;)

> The nature of my interactions with Galaxy is such that I would still
> follow both lists, but I know there are people out there who have
> Galaxy deployed but don't really do any development per se, and I have
> talked to at least one such person who told me he does not follow this
> list because there is too much traffic. I don't think these people
> need to see my thoughts on a syntax for securing tool XML files or
> Peter's thoughts on the tool shed.
>
> Long story short, I love the sound of my own voice and I would be less
> self conscious about that if there were two lists :).
>
> -John

Likewise if the list was split, I'd follow both galaxy-dev and the new one
what ever it was called (how about galaxy-deploy, since galaxy-admin
sounds too much like it is about the project management), and
also galaxy-user too most likely ;)