Jeremy,

I'm sure that would get both tools to show up, but it seems to me that would
miss the goal of past/future reproducibility.

My goal is to have to two versions of the program available at the same time -
Cuffdiff_wrapper 0.0.5 (cuffdiff/links 1.3) the historical one that all the
current histories/workflows reference, so those don't break,
and
Cuffdiff_wrapper 0.0.6 (cuffdiff/links 2.1) the new version for use going
forward, which has a distinct version so that those histories/workflows are
reproducible
and the choice of which version to use is the users.
I want to avoid someone who wants to re-run last-month's cuffdiff with slightly
different parameters being forced (w/o their knowledge) to run a more recent
version of cuffdiff - which would then give an apples to oranges comparison.

With 2 versions of the same ID installed, I expected to either see two listings
in the tool pane AND/OR a version pulldown on the cuffdiff tool params pane.

Is the only way to get two versions of the same tool id installed via toolshed?

Sorry - I feel like I've mis-understood the tool version/id resolution
architecture. Happy to talk on the phone if that would be a better use of your
time.

Thanks,
Curtis