Hi Bjoern,

Is there anything else we (the Galaxy community) can do to help
sort out the ATLAS installation problems?

Another choice might be to use OpenBLAS instead of ATLAS, e.g.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11443302/compiling-numpy-with-openblas-integration

However, I think we build NumPy without using ATLAS or any
BLAS library. That seems like the most pragmatic solution
in the short term - which I think is what Dan tried here:
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/blankenberg/package_numpy_1_7