In case this will help, I have the framework implemented (and committed) for
handling pre-compioled binaries for tool dependencies for a supported set of
architectures.  Dave B has updated a lot of tool dependency definitions on both
the test and main tool sheds to use this enhancement - those that he has
updated are currently all owned by the devteam in preparation for a tool
migration stage that he will soon be committiing.  Perhaps the atlas tool
dependency can be updated to proved a pre-compiled binary installation.

Greg Von Kuster