I think this is a follow-up to last june's
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/proftpd-setting-tt4660329.html question.

I was trying a new test install of galaxy (following instructions on galaxy
website for a local install from galaxy-dist hg source), sitting on a server
with two existing galaxy installs.  Got that going ok.  Now trying to get
profptd 1.3.5rc3 to authenticate against users in the new galaxy install's
postgresql database.  But it seems a change has been made in authentication,
from sha1 to pbkdf2 .  Trouble is no docs seem to exist about what the new
galaxy pbkdf2 parameters are - e.g. proftpd 1.3.5rc3 configuration seems to
need the following for pbkdf2:

  SQLAuthTypes pbkdf2

  # Use the SHA1 digest algorithm, 1000 iterations, and expect an output
  # length of 20 bytes.
  SQLPasswordPBKDF2 sha1 1000 20
  SQLPasswordSaltFile /path/to/salt/file

now over to galaxy instructions where some detail exists about how to
configure/compile proftpd but nothing on above parameters.
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Upload%20via%20FTP

It seems like all the code is in place.  Anyone jumped the hurdle on this?

Regards,

Damion