Hey Michael,

I know there is a lot of interest in this, but these sorts of things
are not possible with Galaxy workflows at this time. If you want the
traceibility and UI for viewing results provided by Galaxy - you could
consider driving tools externally via the API - at that point though
the utility of running these jobs through Galaxy has dropped
considerably.

There is a Trello card I would encourage you to vote for -
https://trello.com/c/rwSeAwos

I have included a link to this e-mail as a reference for specific use
cases to consider if or when this idea gets worked on.

Sorry,
-John