The tool is generic. This means that it is supposed to work (and does work)
with any WSDL. In the described use case, one of the operations/“generated
tools" already serves as a polling tool: it takes a unique id and requests a
result from the web service, then the web service either returns the results or
returns a message indicating that the results are not ready. Conditionals/Loops
would be a perfect way to solve this.

If we added a polling tool like you described, then that tool would need to Web
service specific since not all web service adhere to the same naming
conventions and level of asynchrony.

Sincerely,
Michael E. Cotterell

Ph.D. Student in Computer Science, University of Georgia
Instructor of Record, Graduate RA & TA, University of Georgia
Department Liaison, CS Graduate Student Association, University of Georgia
mepcotter...@gmail.com (mailto:mepcotter...@gmail.com)
mepc...@uga.edu (mailto:mepc...@uga.edu)
m...@cs.uga.edu (mailto:m...@cs.uga.edu)
http://michaelcotterell.com/