From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Lukasse, Pieter
Sent: woensdag 27 augustus 2014 22:37
To: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: [galaxy-dev] refresh_on_change : is this a valid attribute? Any other
ideas/options??

Hi,

I'm trying to get a wrapper from someone else working and I found this
"refresh_on_change" attribute in his select boxes which are filled using the
dynamic_options feature:

<param name="col_type" type="select" label="Select column type"
refresh_on_change="true"
                display="radio" dynamic_options='get_column_type(library_file)'
                help="" />

      <param name="polarity" type="select" label="Select polarity"
refresh_on_change="true"
             display="radio"
dynamic_options='filter_column(library_file,col_type)'
                help="" />

When searching the documentation/wiki I do not find a reference to this, but it
would be a nice option to have ;)
Question: is there any way I can force a refresh when the user selects another
option from such a select box. As you can see in the example above, this is
needed because the next select box has its dynamic options built up by a
function that takes the value from the previous select (col_type - highlighted
above) as an input parameter. Currently this tool only works by showing each
select in its own <page> , which is a deprecated option and prevents the tool
from being used in a workflow... :(

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Pieter Lukasse
Wageningen UR, Plant Research International
Department of Bioinformatics (Bioscience)
Wageningen Campus, Building 107, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB,
Wageningen, the Netherlands
T: +31-317481122;
M: +31-628189540;
skype: pieter.lukasse.wur