Hi Peter,
I was also getting "Exception: History in error state"
errors with BioBlend continuous integration testing, but those seem to
be fixed with latest Dannon's commit
3618b7a91e23096ecf7ce5842c1e16c749251a4d .

Nicola

11:08 AM, Peter Cock wrote:

>> Thanks Dave, The good news is yes, the
tests are running again on the Test Tool Shed (although not the main
Tool Shed yet), and many of my tools now have successful test results
from last night. e.g. My new basic mummer tool which now has a full set
of dependency packages thanks to Bjoern:
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/mummer [1] The bad news
is there are many unexpected failures with: "Exception: History in error
state." I'm sure you'll learn more once you look over the logs, Thank
you, Peter

> Right now the mummer example given above is passing,

but I am still getting this error on some of my tools, e.g.

https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/blast2go [3]
> tested
2015-01-25 11:21:12

https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/get_orfs_or_cdss [4]

tested 2015-01-25 10:52:03

> (Many of my other tools are also
currently listed with
> different unexpected failures, some of which
include
> the "Exception: History in error state." traceback.)

Interestingly, I've just got what appears to be the same
> exception
from a TravisCI test run (following a trivial
> change to README
files):

> https://travis-ci.org/peterjc/galaxy_blast/builds/48893916
[5]

> e.g. (one of many similar failing tests in this log)

ERROR: test_tool_000000

(functional.test_toolbox.TestForTool_blastxml_to_top_descr)
> BLAST top
hit descriptions ( blastxml_to_top_descr ) > Test-1

Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/galaxy_blast/galaxy-central-master/test/functional/test_toolbox.py",

line 268, in test_tool
> self.do_it( td )
> File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/galaxy_blast/galaxy-central-master/test/functional/test_toolbox.py",

line 37, in do_it
> stage_data_in_history( galaxy_interactor,
testdef.test_data(),
> test_history, shed_tool_id )
> File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/galaxy_blast/galaxy-central-master/test/base/interactor.py",

line 42, in stage_data_in_history
> upload_wait()
> File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/galaxy_blast/galaxy-central-master/test/base/interactor.py",

line 279, in wait
> while not self.__history_ready( history_id ):

File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/galaxy_blast/galaxy-central-master/test/base/interactor.py",

line 297, in __history_ready
> return self._state_ready( state,
error_msg="History in error state." )
> File
"/home/travis/build/peterjc/galaxy_blast/galaxy-central-master/test/base/interactor.py",

line 356, in _state_ready
> raise Exception( error_msg )
> Exception:
History in error state.

> I do not recall seeing this problem locally
when using my
> development instllation of galaxy-central.
>
> The
TravisCI failure suggests this could be a stochastic
> resource
contention (I can re-run the TravisCI build and
> see if this works
second time round?), which is more prone
> to fail under the Tool Shed
framework?

> Peter

> and other Galaxy lists, please
use the interface at:
> https://lists.galaxyproject.org/ [6]

search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:

Connetti gratis il mondo con la nuova indoona:  hai la chat, le chiamate, le
video chiamate e persino le chiamate di gruppo.
E chiami gratis anche i numeri fissi e mobili nel mondo!
Scarica subito l’app Vai su https://www.indoona.com/