Darn, last week I wrote " I'll let trainees know that incrementing a tool
version number leads to a separately selectable tool version to run.  To keep
an up-to-date Galaxy install is to engage the admin to be bringing in these
tool versions/choices more frequently even though they functionally don't do
anything different."

That second sentence was meant just to be about devs uploading cosmetic changes
of their tool to the main toolshed.  Something to discourage.

Damion

Hsiao lab, BC Public Health Microbiology & Reference Laboratory, BC Centre for
Disease Control
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4R4 Canada