From: Ben Bimber [bbim...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:08 AM
To: Dooley, Damion
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] find UUID of current history in tool XML wrapper?

Hi Damion,

Possibly a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask: if i understand your example,
you're basically end-running galaxy due to the fact that for dynamic options
you can execute code.  When this is called, galaxy passes in an object that
lets you access the current history ID.

In other contexts, I have seen code within <configfile> or similar blocks that
seems to essentially be calling native python code as well.  Can a similar
approach be used to accomplish what you're doing more directly?  For example,
the other day John Chilton posted this example for the API key:

#from galaxy.managers import api_keys#
${api_keys.ApiKeyManager( $__app__ ).get_or_create_api_key( $__user__ )}

If I'm already using non-public APIs to get the current history ID, can it be
done more directly using something analogous to the above?

Thanks,
Ben