I had an epiphany - I think the follow idioms will let you get the
current history id and current history name. It is more robust than
the code file trick because it will also work with direct API calls
where there is no "current history" (doesn't require use of trans).

https://gist.github.com/jmchilton/27c5bb05e155a611294d

-John